Last updated: June 27, 2023
ReCourses, Inc. dba Punctuation dba David C. Baker, including its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively, “Punctuation,” “we,” or “us“) respects the privacy of its customers, business partners, event attendees, and Website (as defined below) visitors.
The following Privacy Statement explains who we are and the different ways in which we collect, use, and share personal information about you, and how you can exercise your privacy rights. Please take the time to read this Privacy Statement and the related statements in their entirety to ensure you are fully informed. To access a specific policy, you may click on the relevant link below. Note that we may provide additional information about our privacy practices that are specific to one of our websites, events, products, or services.
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, please contact us using the contact details provided at the bottom of this Privacy Statement.
PRIVACY STATEMENT. Our Privacy Statement covers our privacy practices with respect to the collection, use, and disclosure of information obtained: (i) through the Punctuation websites that link to this Privacy Statement (our “Website“); and (ii) marketing and outreach activities, including but not limited to surveys, conferences, and events hosted by Punctuation or our business partners and sponsors where we collect information from attendees (“Events”).
SERVICES PRIVACY STATEMENT. Our Services Privacy Statement covers our privacy practices in connection with the use of our hosted software applications and related support services, as well as expert services, including professional services, trainings and certifications that we provide to customers. This Services Privacy Statement also describes our privacy practices with respect to customer and partner contact information we process in connection with the purchase and use of our products and services or services or technology provided by our partners to our customers.
Punctuation, including its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively, “Punctuation,” “we,” or “us“) respects the privacy of its Website (as defined below) and Events (as defined below) registrants and attendees.
This Privacy Statement (the “Privacy Statement“) describes who we are, the information that we collect about you, how we obtain your personal information, and how we may use or disclose that information in connection with the Website and Events. This Privacy Statement also describes the measures we take to protect the security of your personal information and how you can contact us about our privacy practices, including to exercise your privacy rights.
Punctuation is a small consultancy focused exclusively on servicing creative, digital, and marketing services firms. Originally founded as ReCourses, Inc. by David C. Baker in 1994, Punctuation has grown in scope and influence since 1994 and has now worked with over 1100 independent marketing firms.
For more information about Punctuation, please see the About Us section of our Website.
This Privacy Statement only covers our privacy practices with respect to the collection, use, and disclosure of information obtained: (i) through the Punctuation websites that link to this Privacy Statement (“Website“); and (ii) marketing and outreach activities, including but not limited to surveys, conferences, and events, where we or our business partners collect information from registrants and attendees (“Events”).
How We Obtain Information
As further described below, we collect several types of information from and about you that broadly falls into the following categories: identifiers, professional or employment‑related information, financial account information, commercial information, education information, visual information, and internet activity information, among others.
- Information you voluntarily provide to us may include, but not be limited to:
- Contact details, such as when you are registering in our Website, contact us, report a problem with our Website, register to use a demo or developer instance of our cloud service, register for an Event, or when you fill out other forms on our Website Comments, feedback and related information, when you post material to our Website, participate in surveys or competitions, post on bulletin boards, chat rooms, blogs, comment threads, forums, or other interactive features of our Website, register, or request further information or services from us.
- Your voice, photograph, face or other information that you may submit to us, related to your use of our Website or digital attendance to an Event.
- Other information you may submit to us, such as billing information.
- Information from third parties.
From time to time, we may collect and use information we receive about you from third parties in connection with your use of the Website or attendance to an Event. For instance, we may receive information about you from our business partners related to your registration information for Events. We also use third parties for reporting and analytics to measure the effectiveness of our Website and marketing efforts, and to identify areas for improvement.
We may combine information we collect from third parties with information you provide us to update, expand or provide you with tailored information regarding our products, services and Events.
- Information we collect as you navigate through the Website.
As you navigate through the Website, we may also automatically collect details about your visits Website, including your IP address, usage patterns, traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access, as well as information about your computer and internet connection, including your operating system and browser type.
We also collect some of this information using cookies and similar tracking technologies. For detailed information, please see our Cookies Policy.
How We Use Information Collected
We may use information that we collect about you for the following purposes:
- To operate, maintain and improve Website.
- To register you for Events you sign up for with us and populate profiles for you in our records.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or obtain any required consent.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Website, when you choose to do so.
- For industry analysis, benchmarking, analytics, marketing, and other business purposes.
- To track your browsing behavior, such as the pages you visited over time, for analytics and advertising purposes.
- To communicate with you about Events.
- To contact you for marketing purposes, in accordance with your marketing preferences (for example, we may use your information to contact you to further discuss your interests in our services and products or other Events).
If you ask us to contact you about goods and services, we may use your personal information to contact you about such goods and services. You can withdraw consent at a later time by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located in the emails we send you. For more information, see the section on “Your Privacy Rights” below.
Additional information about our privacy practices with respect to our collection and use of information from Events may be found in additional privacy statements on the registration sites for Events hosted by us.
How We Share Information Collected
We may disclose personal information that you provide to us to the following categories of recipients:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates (including those located outside the European Economic Area and Switzerland) who will use it only for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement.
- To our contractors, business partners and service providers we use to support our business or who provide services on our behalf. Where you share your information with business partners or sponsors, your information will be subject to the respective business partner or sponsor’s privacy statement.
- To a potential buyer (and its agents and advisors) in connection with any proposed merger, acquisition, or any form of sale or transfer of some or all of our assets (including in the event of a reorganization, dissolution or liquidation), in which case personal information held by us about you will be among the assets transferred to the buyer or acquirer.
- To any other person with your consent to the disclosure.
We do not sell, rent or trade personal information with third parties for their promotional purposes.
Legal Basis for Processing
If you are from the European Economic Area, our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
We will collect personal information from you where we have your consent to do so or you volunteer this information, where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you, or where the processing is in our legitimate interests (including, but not limited to, responding to communications, attracting new customers and prospects, running our business and to develop new business, keeping our records updated) and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you.
If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please contact us using the contact details provided in the “Contact Information” section below.
International Transfer of Data
Punctuation stores and processes any information collected in connection with the Website or an Event in: (i) any country where we have facilities, (ii) any country in which we engage service providers; or (iii) any country where Events are held.
If you are a visitor from the European Economic Area (“EEA“), we will protect your personal information when it is transferred outside of the EEA by:
- Processing it in a territory which the European Commission has determined provides an adequate level of protection for personal information; or
- Otherwise implementing appropriate safeguards to protect your personal information, including through the use of Standard Contractual Clauses or another lawful transfer mechanism approved by the European Commission.
If you require further information about our international transfers of personal information, please contact us using the contract details in the “Contact Information” section further below.
Security and Confidentiality
Punctuation maintains appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect the personal information obtained through the Website and in connection with Events from accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure and access. Punctuation personnel and service providers with access to personal information collected through our Websites or from Event attendees are required to keep such information confidential and secure.
We will retain your personal information if we have a business need to do so or for as long as is needed to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Privacy Statement, unless a longer retention period is required by law (for example, to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it.
Your Privacy Rights
We provide you with certain choices regarding the information you provide to us. In particular:
- If you wish to access, correct, update, or request deletion of the personal information we collect, process or share, you can send us an email at [email protected].
- Certain jurisdictions, for example the European Economic Area, provide their residents specific privacy rights under applicable law. We will process your requests to exercise such rights, including if you object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information, in accordance with applicable data protection laws. You may contact us using the contact details under the “Contact Us” heading below.
- In addition, if we process your personal information in reliance upon your consent, you can contact us at any time to withdraw your consent. If you do not wish to receive our email marketing communication for promotional purposes, you may opt out by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt out” link in the marketing emails we send you. To opt out of other forms of marketing (such as telemarketing), please contact us using the contact details provided under the “Contact Information” section below.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority if you are unhappy about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. Contact details for data protection authorities in the European Economic Area, Switzerland, and certain non‑European countries (including the US and Canada) are available here.
- You have the right not to be discriminated against for exercising these rights.
- If you are an authorized agent wishing to exercise rights on behalf of a data subject, please contact us using the information in the “Contact Information” section below and provide us with a copy of the subject’s written authorization designating you as their agent. We may notify the data subject and require them to independently verify their identity before fulfilling the authorized agent’s request.
We will respond to such requests in accordance with the requirements of applicable data protection laws. Please note that in order to fulfill your request, we may need you to provide certain information to verify your identity.
Do Not Track
While Punctuation attempts to honor do not track (“DNT”) instructions we receive from a Visitor’s browser, we cannot guarantee that Punctuation will always respond to such signals, in part, because of the lack of common industry standard for DNT technology. We continue to monitor developments in DNT technology and stay apprised of DNT industry standards as they evolve.
Third Party Websites and Applications
This Website may link to websites that are not owned or controlled by Punctuation. As such, this Privacy Statement does not apply to information collected on any third‑party site or by any third‑party application that may link to or be accessible from the Website. This Privacy Statement does not apply to information collected by customers, our business partners, and other third parties or third‑party applications or services, even if this information is collected using our Website or at Events.
Public Forums and Blogs
We do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 16. If you are under 16, please do not attempt to fill out our forms or send any personal information about yourself to us. If we learn that we have collected Personal Information from a child under age 16, we will delete that information promptly.
Changes to Our Privacy Statement
Punctuation reserves the right to update or change this Privacy Statement from time to time. If we make material changes to this Privacy Statement, we will notify you through an appropriate online notice or other means (which may include, if we have your contact details, notification by e‑mail) and obtain your consent if and where required by applicable law. We ask that you review the Privacy Statement periodically to stay informed about any updates or changes that we may have made.
You can see when this Privacy Statement was last updated by checking the “effective as of” date displayed at the top of this Privacy Statement.
To ask questions or comment about this Privacy Statement and our privacy practices or if you need to update, change or remove your information or exercise any other rights, contact us at: [email protected].
4851 Vincion Rd
Murfreesboro, TN 37130
This website is operated by ReCourses, Inc. (the data controller), which is a Tennessee corporation located at 4851 Vincion Rd, Murfreesboro, TN, 37130